Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brighton


My Aunt Vickie and Uncle Gene planned for us to go to Brighton ski resort in Utah for a few days before we went home. It was really nice the cabin was huge so we had plenty of room to relax. The lake was right around the corner from the cabin so we went finishing and took walks around it was really nice.







Ben had a great time with my Mom and this canoe my uncle brought up. He thought it was so funny to throw blocks out of the boat at my Mom.





The boys all went fishing. Some how I ended up with a pole for awhile but I was just hoping I wouldn't catch anything. I'm not good with the whole killing animals or living things. Everyone was really patient but Danny and my Dad were the only ones to catch anything and my sister and I guilted them out of keeping them.



I think my Dad really wanted to have a fish dinner that night. My mom is a pro when it comes to fishing she was helping the guys keep there lines full.
Poor Tim didn't catch anything and the fish would steal his bait evry few minutes so I think they knew he really wanted one. Ben was a really great sport it was nice to have the cabin so close so we could take trips back for jackets and snacks.







Pretzel sticks were the best thing for the trip.
Gene and Vickie were the best hosts they brought us dinner every night and my cousin Tyler and his friend Mike came up after work to hang out. We miss living so close to them it was such a fun trip.

1 comment:

Mauri said...

missed you guys when you were here...but it looks like you had tons of fun. we'll be out in November for a couple weeks so we'll see you for sure then.
ps...claire is such a cute name.
I'll call you soon