Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ben's First Birthday

Ben had his first birthday last weekend. I can't believe how grown up he is. They had a swimming party at their house. He loves the water. Everyone was fighting for his attention especially the Grandma's they couldn't get enough of him.
He had fun swimming and then trying hamburger for the first time. It started out as a picky eater but I think that is coming to an end. He is now trying a lot of new things.
The party wasn't until later so is was perfect weather. Some of Hailey and Danny's friends Drea and Jason came so we could catch up with them. I haven't seen them in a while. Next came presents as you can see Ben got a lot of toys, and clothes. He was so overwhelmed he didn't know what to play with next.





Ben just kept playing with what ever we gave him next. He was so funny I don't think he realized he was the center of attention. I think he thought it was just another day. He got this cube with about 100 different things to play with on it and he only wanted to play with a little section with beads.


My Dad has always had a wood working talent he is a bit of a perfectionist at times. He made this toy box for Ben. It is beautiful it looks store bought. He made it for the living room for all the toys Ben has and the extras he just got for his birthday. It brought tears to my sister's eyes.





2 comments:

Drea said...

Hi Heather! I just found your blog off of Hailey's. I didn't even know you had one. I want to add you to list of friends. I hope that's ok! Hope to see you guys soon!

Mauri said...

heather...I think you should up date your blog ;)